NG911 Interstate Playbook Chapter 1
NG911 Interstate Playbook Chapter 1, released in October 2016, provides guidance on the many issues PSAPs must consider for successful interconnectivity and serves as a document for modeling best practices.
Topics addressed in Chapter 1 include:
- • Suggestions for creating sample test calls among interconnected states
- • Language for drafting interstate cooperative agreements
- • Considerations for effective governance and collaboration
- • Challenges and recommended methods to overcome them
NG911 Interstate Playbook Chapter 2
Building on Chapter 1, the NG911 Interstate Playbook Chapter 2, released in June 2018, offers new information and elements for states to consider as they look to implement NG911.
Topics addressed in Chapter 2 include:
- • What NG911 is and is not
- • NG911 standards to consult when planning a transition
- • Lessons learned regarding voice and text-to-911 call sharing with states using different providers
- • GIS in the NG911 ecosystem
- • Interim SMS text-to-911 test scenarios
NG911 Interstate Playbook Chapter 3
NG911 Interstate Playbook Chapter 3, released in August 2020, traces the steps and processes followed by three neighboring jurisdictions to collectively plan and independently procure an integrated, interoperable regional solution.
Topics addressed in Chapter 3 include:
- • Effective procurement practices across different governments
- • Lessons on collaborative decision-making between agencies and states
- • An example of an NG911 Alternate Routing and Information Sharing MOU
- • Coordinated financial sharing models
- • Establishing successful public-private partnerships for project success
- • Ideas for integrating federal and military installations into your NG911 solution
NG911 Interstate Playbook Chapter 4
NG911 Interstate Playbook Chapter 4, released in September 2020, provides guidance and best practices from four states on transitioning and retiring legacy network elements and rules to determine readiness for NG911.
Topics addressed in Chapter 4 include:
- • ESInet testing between disparate service providers
- • Cost challenges among deregulation of communication services
- • Reviewing current statutes and rules for NG911
- • The importance of coordinating with the Department of Defense (DOD) military installations in your state, region or county